1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chix are 4 days old and growing!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chooniecat, Mar 27, 2009.

1. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    I was watching chix play yesterday and noticed one had rattie looking wing. was very worried and watched them through out the day and realized they ALL had rattie looking wings. I realize I am not a brain surgeon but it finally hit me they were GROWING wings and they were not fully formed yet thus the wings are rattie looking. also had poop bottoms for first 2 days and just kept at cleaning them and they all look fluffy and playful now. will move to larger cage today. camera is malfunctioning so can't give pics but I CAN boast![​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    congratulations. my youngest chicks are now 5 weeks old and my two golden cuckoo marans are in the extreme ugly chickie stage... can't wait till they feather out! The leghorn roos and the W/BW Ameraucanas as well as the SS roo are looking GOOD at 5 weeks... like little mini chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by