Chix Pix! Day Old Babies!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SeaChick, Mar 18, 2008.

1. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Our chicks were shipped yesterday afternoon from Ohio. The PO distribution center just called and they have arrived! Yay, that was quick! Since the facility is "closed" (no pulic allowed) I thought they were going to put them on a truck to another facility where I could pick them up.... but the man said he is going to drive them over to my house in his warm car instead! (I live very near the distribution center). I can't wait!

Olivia was begging to stay home from school for their arrival, but she'll just have to wait...

We're splitting the order with another local family, so after I get them warmed up and make sure all are OK I'll pre-heat my car and take their chicks over to them.

So exciting!

Stacey

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wow, I am so excited for you!!!!!

5. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Can't wait to see some pics of them!

6. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Yeah, isn't it ridiculous how excited we get? I was dancing around the house after the P.O.an called and I just KNEW you folks would understand!

7. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I remember when I was waiting and it was suppose to be a 24 delivery....by day 2 I was freaking out. I am really so happy for you. [​IMG]

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] YAY!! [​IMG] Can't wait until we see pictures!! I've had many, many chick orders and am always thrilled when the PO calls with my little peeps! Nothing gets me out of bed at 6 in the morning like a call from the PO!! [​IMG]

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Frozen Feathers, what a cool avatar!!!

10. seafood

seafood Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    I am waiting! Mine shipped from Ohio yesterday too. Tracking # shows they went through Philly processing center at 7:30am this morning.

Talked to the PO around 8:30. They didnt have them and said the will not get another delivery until tomorrow early AM!

Where are these chicks going to spend the night? In a truck somewhere??? Low tonight around 40 degrees. high today around 52.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by