Chochin Mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by monkeyqueen, Nov 9, 2013.

1. monkeyqueen

monkeyqueen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    It was approximately 2 months old when I got in mid-July, was told it was pullet with guarantee if not bring it back. Now at approximately 5-6 months, I'm thinking its a roo. Comb is rather large and bright red, saddle feather are long and pointy, but no tail plumage, no attempts at crowing, or any other male activity. What do you think it is? Maggy or Magoo[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]?

2. Krischick

Krischick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    Willard Mo
    That is a rooster...sorry

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    That's a rooster.

It's also not a full cochin, or not a very good one. Cochins are supposed to have very rounded bodies and tails, not tails that stick out behind like that. they should look like fluffy basketballs lol.

4. monkeyqueen

monkeyqueen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    Was told it was a chochin mix. Mixed with what who knows. lol Does have the feathered legs. It's my first flock, learning as I go. Come a long way from the first 7 I bought all 7 were roos!!! lol Sold and started again, much better 7 hens and 2 roos. Still waiting on those eggs come spring.

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    that makes since, because anything crossed with a cochin would have feathered legs. Feathered feet is a dominate trait

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by