Chocolate Frizzle Serama! aka Magellan!

BeardedLadyFarm

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Cobleskill NY
32940_img_2778.jpg

I'm auctioning sweet little Magellan. I won him in an auction on BYC last fall from Juliette, aka Pixiechick.

He has blessed me with a whole bunch of great looking frizzle, chocolate, white, silkied, and other patterned babies. He has lots of genes hiding in him!

Just to be honest, he got in a tiff with a cockerel in a neighboring cage this week, and got a bit of comb damage. Nothing severe. It just muddied up his handsome appearance. I'm guessing he's about a year old, and could stand a good molt, after a winter inside, but he's still healthy, and active and alert. He's good to his girls, and tame enough to be handled, though I haven't snuggled him as much as he would probably like.

I will try to get some pics of his children. Here is one of his sons also being auctioned.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=493146

Shipping is an estimate, and will be billed at actual cost. Shipping can be combined with any of my other current auctions, or with those of 'wishiwasjane.' We breed Seramas together, and leave near each other.

Happy bidding!

Why do you people insest on doing this to me . i have no more room . and you know i have serama problem. I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!
he.gif
. Its a good thing i'm out of money right now. or i would have to build more coop's for more serama's. lol.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I currently have them ALL. Hence the auction... I have a few of Magellan's kids that are growing up nicely if you need one in the future!

i always want more in the future . so yes keep me in mind. i just bought lola and i ended up with carrot top also. acme did't have the room so i bought him for my flock. you can always email me when they are ready for new homes . [email protected]. thanks and keep me in mind will you be going to the 1st west coast all serama show in ramona ca june 4th . maybe i'll see you there. thanks ray

Sorry for the delay folks. It's been a busy busy week and weekend!

I just weighed Magellan, and he's 458 grams, or class B.

I do not have any pullets to add to the auction, but I will be putting some up for auction next week. I can hold him for an extra week if you would like to bid on a pullet to combine shipping.

Thanks!

Quote:
Is there an official list of Serama class weights? If I go by what's listed at Jerry's*, he would actually be a small C. (458 gm = 16.2 oz)

COCKS HENS
Micro - under 9 ounces Micro - under 8 ounces
A - 9.1 to 13 ounces A - 8.1 to 12 ounces
B - 13.1 to 16 ounces B - 12.1 to 15 ounces
C - 16.1 to 19 ounces C - 15.1 to 17 ounces
D - over 19.1 ounces D - over 17.1 ounces

*Sorry, BYC won't let me post a link because I am too new, and might be a spammer! But it's jerrysseramasllc dot com, then click on Availability.

Quote:
Is there an official list of Serama class weights? If I go by what's listed at Jerry's*, he would actually be a small C. (458 gm = 16.2 oz)

COCKS HENS
Micro - under 9 ounces Micro - under 8 ounces
A - 9.1 to 13 ounces A - 8.1 to 12 ounces
B - 13.1 to 16 ounces B - 12.1 to 15 ounces
C - 16.1 to 19 ounces C - 15.1 to 17 ounces
D - over 19.1 ounces D - over 17.1 ounces

*Sorry, BYC won't let me post a link because I am too new, and might be a spammer! But it's jerrysseramasllc dot com, then click on Availability.

Your conversion is correct. I got that info from this website, which also says it gets the info from Jerry...

This site says cocks below 500 grams are "B" class. So I don't know what his correct. It's safe to say he's a large B or small C. My scale weighs in grams, and 458 grams is what it says. Interpret as you will.

http://www.littleamericaminis.com/seramas/characteristics_of_seramas.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom