Chocolate gravy

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by gritsar, Nov 29, 2007.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've added a simple recipe for chocolate gravy to my page. To quote Pooh, it's yummy for my tummy!

2. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I'm trying that one! Bet my teenage daughter will love it, and yes I'm a chocoloic too.[​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I love chocolate gravy! Add in some homemade buttermilk biscuts and MMMM!!! [​IMG]

4. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    My mom used to make that as a snack when I was growing up - we poured it over bread! YUM!!!

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I always thought that was a NC thing. DH aunt makes it every Christmas morning, I never heard of it until I met DH. I don't like it but every one else in the family goes nuts over it.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think one could pour this over just about anything and like it? [​IMG]

7. carugoman

carugoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    NW FL Crestview
    Hmm...chocolate gravy...well my MIL bought her daughter one of those chocolate fountain things with a recirculating pump built in for her birthday...I have to fill it with chocolate something-yummy for Christmas...hmm.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:It IS a NC thing. My hometown is a small town just outside of Asheville. I've just been transplanted to Arkansas is all. The actual how and why I got here is a long, sometimes twisted, sometimes a tad kinky story.

carugoman, if you put it in the chocolate fountain you better have plenty of buttermilk biscuits to pass out for dipping in the fountain! oh and btw, I'm typing to you from the SO's sucky yucky laptop...guess who's playing combat fighter on my PC? [​IMG]

9. carugoman

carugoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    NW FL Crestview
    Gritsar,
    No need to worry if I have enough buttermilk biscuits...I have a 10 lb bag of Martha White self-rising flour and I make 4-5 gallons of buttermilk a week,after the 16 lbs or so of butter is churned,of course? What I can't seem to understand is why oleomargarine when I have all this butter to make chocolate gravy? I miss Jane's F-15 strike eagle game! Tell him he's missing out on the action of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Series; then there's HALO1.2.3...........my mouth is drooling gotta go play bye!

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I questioned myself about that as well. My theory is, if you're gonna sin, make it a big one and use butter. Yeah, yeah I know...margarine is only one molecule away from plastic. I like the taste of butter better. The only reason I said margarine instead of butter is because that's what the original recipe calls for, I've never experimented with using butter in it, and I didn't want to lead y'all astray and have you make something that was awful. You like to experiment. Try butter and let us know.
    I bought the SO a joystick for his game last night as an early birthday present. He pronounced it awesome and now I believe I've lost my 'puter for good! [​IMG]
    Still need to e-mail you. Will get to it today, I promise.
    Got the joystick for $10 at wally world. It's a big ol' fancy thing. Gotta love wally world's clearance aisle.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by