Chocolate Orpington Cockerel - Ready to Breed

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pips&peeps, Nov 26, 2011.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I purchased one too many chocolate orpingtons this summer. This guy is about 4-5 months old and is huge. He was the youngest of the cockerels I received. I wouldn't really categorized him as a bantam, but that is what he was sold to me as. He now weighs 5 lbs 9 oz and should top out at around 7 lbs or more according to my orpington sources. He has been in quarantine since I got him and has been vaccinated for mareks and ILT. (Schering Plough vaccine)

This is the perfect bird for large fowl crosses and is ready to start breeding now; no waiting for a chick to grow out. To my knowlege other sellers are not offering birds of this size/age.

If your State requires additional testing to legally ship the bird, you will be responsible for those charges also. I cannot ship to Virginia. Of course I am NPIP certified and AI clean. Payment with postal money order or cashier's check please. Local pickup is also available. Payment to be made immediately following auction. Shipping is by express mail with new box.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

2. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    pips&peeps :

I purchased one too many chocolate orpingtons this summer. This guy is about 4-5 months old and is huge. He was the youngest of the cockerels I received. I wouldn't really categorized him as a bantam, but that is what he was sold to me as. He now weighs 5 lbs 9 oz and should top out at around 7 lbs or more according to my orpington sources. He has been in quarantine since I got him and has been vaccinated for mareks and ILT. (Schering Plough vaccine)

This is the perfect bird for large fowl crosses and is ready to start breeding now; no waiting for a chick to grow out. To my knowlege other sellers are not offering birds of this size/age.

If your State requires additional testing to legally ship the bird, you will be responsible for those charges also. I cannot ship to Virginia. Of course I am NPIP certified and AI clean. Payment with postal money order or cashier's check please. Local pickup is also available. Payment to be made immediately following auction. Shipping is by express mail with new box.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5845_cockerel.jpg

This guy is really nice looking, I hope mine grows out to look like that, but not that size LOL.​

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Your birds are out of the true bantams. Hopefully they won't get that big.

4. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    pips&peeps :

Your birds are out of the true bantams. Hopefully they won't get that big.

Yea that would be bad... My split male is looking awesome, much like this guy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by