Chocolate Raspberry Truffle with chocolate covering or ? Help

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I am making three dif types of truffles for the craft event Dec 7th.
    I have the regular choc ones done and decorated. Just finished the PB ones. So now the raspberry ones a needing to get a covering.

So. Reg choc like the rest of them? Or white choc?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Chocolate for sure! Dark chocolate it you have it! [​IMG]

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    hmmm. I have unsweetened choc, semi sweet choc, and the white

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    On my raspberry chocolate truffles I use white chocolate and then drizzle regular chocolate across it with a fork. I use raspberry jam. Is that what you do? [​IMG]

Shelly

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, semi-sweet! hehehe. JMHO.

6. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    It depends. I think most people would appreciate milk chocolate. Others dark. White, to me, would be a little too wimpy. [​IMG]

I would guess the raspberry flavor would carry better with the milk chocolate or the white chocolate. Dark might overpower.

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It would depend on what the base is, don't you think? The center of my truffles are a dark chocolate ganche, then with the raspberry jam mixed in. I also use the white to know what is what. [​IMG] I like the white chocolate over the dark chocolate raspberry. Makes it very decadent. Not to mention really pretty with the others mixed in! [​IMG] My regular dark chocolate I coat in a good cocoa, like Ghiaridelli's (sp) while my kahlua I coat in coffee and my hazelnut I coat in hazelnuts. This is all over a chocolate base. The raspberry and the mint are the only ones in white chocolate. Sometimes I roll the mint in crushed peppermints with the white chocolate.

YUM! I need to start making candy! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shelly

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    this is my first time making them.
    I ended up doing a mix. Some with white choc and a semi sweet drizzle and then the others with semi sweet cover and a white drizzle. Then a dab of red frosting on top. The PB ones have a peanut half on them [​IMG]

Of course my dh is trying to get me to save one or two for him. [​IMG]

I have fudge to do next. And LOTS of it. Good thing my mud room and pantry are like second fridges this time of year. I can make it, box it and store it in a few places.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by