Chocolate Wyandotte Bantam Roosters

sueiris

Crowing
13 Years
I have a Chocolate Wyandotte Bantams Rooster (2 years old) and a cockerel for sale. These birds are Sex Linked recessive and are second and third generation birds from a trio that I purchased from Jerry Foley last year. I'm in Southern New Jersey and am planning on going to the Virginia Poultry Show next week. Price does not include any shipping. NPIP & AI certified. ABA and APA Member.

The information that I got from http://www.chickenhillpoultry.com/chocolate says:

"The mouth watering Chocolate’s are a relatively new color to the Wyandotte Bantams in the US. In 2005 Richard Davies of the UK created the chocolate Wyandotte Bantam. In 2011 Jerry Foley, of Foley’s Water Fowl created the Chocolate Wyandotte line in the US using the same principle as the UK. Foley's used imported UK Chocolate Orpingtons on the Art Lundgren line of Black
Wyandottes. A nice Wyandotte type with the luscious chocolate color was born and will be the center stone in future years for breeders diving in to diversify the color pool of Wyandottes.

Chocolate Wyandottes are sex-linked recessive, meaning if you breed a Chocolate male to a black female you will get all split black males and all chocolate females.
Black males that carry the chocolate gene are called 'Split.’ Using black wyandottes in your breeding pen with the chocolates is useful to improve the darkness of the chocolate and to improve type if needed.
Chocolate Wyandottes breed true. The following is a list of the combinations that may be used in breeding and the results you will get:
Chocolate Male X Chocolate Female = 100% Chocolate
Chocolate Male X Black Female = 50% Black Males carrying (split male) Chocolate, 50% Chocolate Females
Black Male X Chocolate Female = 50% Black Males carrying (split male) Chocolate, 50% Black Female
Split Male X Chocolate Female = 25% Chocolate Males, 25% Black Males carrying (split male) Chocolate, 25% Chocolate Females, 25% Black Females

Split Male X Black Female = 25% Black Males carrying (split male) Chocolate, 25% Black Males, 25% Chocolate Females, 25% Black Females."

They have more info at: http://www.chickenhillpoultry.com/i...rtfolio-masonry/chocolate-wyandotte-bantam/38

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom