Choking chick

I want to add that this chick has spirit. It's the LOUDEST chick I have ever had. It will chirp its heart out until I go pick it up or give it some more attention.

I want to add that this chick has spirit. It's the LOUDEST chick I have ever had. It will chirp its heart out until I go pick it up or give it some more attention.
Usually loud chirping means something is wrong with the chick, so it could be calling you, it's mom, or it could be complaining for another reason.

I have another question. I'm planning on moving them to the outdoor brooder this week (with heat) but I'm hesitant to move the little guy out. Do y'all think I should move him out with the other 5 or go find some bantam chicks to keep him with inside that are more his size?

LAST UPDATE. This evening even after nutridrench the chick was much worse. I could tell it lost even more weight, was very lethargic, gasping for air, eyes couldn't open....so I culled in the most humane way I could. I'm sad but 100% sure I did the right thing for it because it was starving to death. So sad. Thanks for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom