Choosing the best thermostat

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gozoish, Sep 16, 2011.

1. gozoish

gozoish New Egg

Sep 16, 2011
    hello,

i am new here and it looks like this is the one and only place for people interested in this subject. first of all i would like to introduce myself, i am from the small mediterrenean island called MALTA, i am in the process to make a styrofoam incubator using proper incubator heatin element(200watts) but i need to get the best digital theromstat that is available, i wish to have a constant temperature, not like the cheap ones found on ebay selling for 20 sterling..... i just baught an automatic egg turner and a digital thermometer/ hydrometer.

will await your reply guys,

david from hot and sunny malta ;-)

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Wow malta. What is the Language Maltaneans speak. Sorry, I don't really know if your Maltanean or not, I just made it up. I will try to help with the thermostat problem though.
    I know your are in Malta, but you could try getting your hands on a wafer thermostat. I am in The U.S. and the wafer thermostat is a preferred thermostat In the U.S. I think. You should try getting it, but if you are really interested in getting something digital, I would go to the search bar customized for the backyardchickens website, and type in digital thermostat, that should lead you some where.

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

I have found most of my answers here too! I used the WHT and it has some limitations so go for the wafer design if that works for you.

4. gozoish

gozoish New Egg

Sep 16, 2011
    thanks for reply, once i had a wafer thermostat and i didnt like it alot since the temp was never accurate....... So we are called Maltese and we speak our own language with is Maltese aswell...;-)

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by