Choosing...WHICH GAMEBIRD DO YOU PREFER

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Well...I have 3 options here and I cant decide for the life of me. As many of you know I own/breed Coturnix quail. But I would also like to get something new...here are my three choices

Button Quail
Bobwhite Quail
Albino Chukar Partridge

I cant decide which I would rather get. They all have their ups and downs....and I dont know what the demand is for either of the three. Let me know what you guys PREFER!
Thanks!
big_smile.png

I have two of three you listed. I love my button quail. I have a breeding pair and just hatched nine of their babies out. They are really easy to care for. I have mine in a 10 gallon aquarium and they do just great. not real friendly and very flighty. easy to breed and care for. I also have 7 bob whites and they are outside and do really well. they also are very easy to care for. I have them for the sound they make. I have a trio of oranges and then regular brown ones. I have had pretty good luck with the bob white in breeding also. They are not has flighty but are not real friendly either. both are easy to care for. I guess i prefer my buttons but both have pros and cons

yippiechickie.gif

Yah I have had bobwhite before....the only thing I dont like about them is you have to keep them in smaller numbers when breeding...I dont have the money to build a lot of new cages. I have a cage for the Partridge and for the buttons.
smile.png

Chukars. I love mine and really wish they weren't seasonal layers. It's going to be a long wait to get eggs. I have the standard color, though. Albinos are more expensive and harder to come across.

If you already have quail of any sort then chukars are fun enough to branch out into.

Back
Top Bottom