Christmas Baby Pics!!!

Garden Gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
Finally! A few photos of my broody hen and her baby which hatched on the 16th. Champagne (the hen) started with six eggs but I removed five after candling showed no growth. I was beginning to think the last egg wasn't going to hatch either, but it finally did.
love.gif
Champagne is a hen from my first ever attempt at incubating eggs and this is her first attempt at being a momma! I guess we both are getting the hang of this!
celebrate.gif

27715_100_4652.jpg

27715_100_4649.jpg

27715_100_4651.jpg

Yay, congratulations! The first home-hatched chicks are always such an exciting milestone!
wee.gif
I can still remember the first clutch one of my hens hatched, though it was over ten years ago (one of the girls from that clutch is still with us, too). What a cute little fluffy chick! It's so fun watching the mama do her mothering thing, too--they're so wonderful at it!
jumpy.gif

Oooh, I can't wait for our babies to arrive! My head Orp hen is two-weeks into her (and our) first broody experience. She is setting on four eggs, and has been utterly devoted to keeping those eggs warm. I just know she will be an awesome momma!
smile.png

Quote:
I wish I could help you - she came as part of an assorted "barn yard mix" egg group!

Sooooooo cute and congrats! Also mommy looks like a Black Sex Link.

Back
Top Bottom