CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY !!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Ok here is how the night started out -- went to wal-mart got dog food , some christmas gifts - asked DH to run by the Tractor supply/feed store to get chicken feed and some pine shavings for coop - NOTHING else.
    DH grabbed the feed I got the litter and than without warning DH grabbed an INCUBATOR **** HOLY COW AN INCUBATOR ****[​IMG] he had said something about me MAYBE getting one for christmas but I was not really thinking he was seriouse since it cost $42.00 ( and DH hates spending money )

but I got my INCUBATOR !!!! it is so cool - now all I need is eggs and lots of them !!
    the brand is the Little Giant table top - holds 50-100 eggs [​IMG]

oh I have so many questions now !!! where to put the bator? how do I get the humity set? how do I first set the temps? do I need a fan- egg turner? do I still use the water wiggler ? [​IMG] [​IMG]

oh course DH has no idea what he just started Incubator = eggs- more chickens- bigger coop-another chicken runs - more eggs !!! [​IMG]

HAPPY HOILDAYS EVERYONE
    Julie

2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY YOU! [​IMG] That is wonderful! I can't wait to give hatching a try. I'm so happy for you.

Merry X-Mas to you!
    Kim

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] yeah for you !

4. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    See if you can talk him into an egg turner, it will really make a difference.

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Or just get 10 dollars cash back for the next 4 times you go to the grocery store and get one yourself off of ebay!! It really will be worth the money and DH never needs to know about it [​IMG]

6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I kinda dropped the hint about an egg turner - he said well DUH I was planning on going back to get it before you got any eggs in there !! the store had about 3-4 on the top shelf
    I dont know who this man is - but I love him better than the other one LOL [​IMG]

I want to play with my bator - but dont want to get it all warmed up and have nothing to put in there ! the egg I have around here thear would have been fertile is a duck egg - but she laid it awhile ago and it has been in the frig - so I know that will not work [​IMG]

oh well for now it sits on my kitchen table calling to me -- GET EGGS GET EGGS

Julie

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  7. CountryFresh

CountryFresh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Lucky you!

If I had an Incubator on my kitchen table it would drive me crazy until I got eggs to hatch...

8. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    yay 4 you. [​IMG]

9. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Believe me it is driving me crazy LOL I want to get it warmed up so bad !! one of my girls layed a real pretty egg today I wanted to set it so bad but I know there is no baby in there [​IMG]

come on spring hurry and get here before I go crazy !!! [​IMG]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Julie

10. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    The Egg turner for the little giant is only 40 bucks! Get one! I love mine. The thermometer it came with is trash. DO NOT USE IT. Get a good thermometer/hydrometer from Cutler Supply . I do not have a fan. I do still air in my little giant. If you hatch chickens the temp should be 102 and the humidity anywhere from 30 - 50% thru day 18 and then as close to 70% for the last few days of the hatch. I have had a lot of luck with mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by