Christmas Carolers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dunkopf, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    How does everyone feel about being caroled? I know it's anti social but I don't like them. You have to open the door and stand there while a group of strangers sings to you. Meanwhile it's 10 degrees outside and all your heat is going out the door. It's rude to shut the door in their face and when they get done you feel like you should tip them or give them some hot cocoa. I know they are doing it to be nice.

Thoughts?

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I've always pretty much lived in the country...no carolers out this way.
    I have seen on shows where the person being serenaded offers them hot chocolate, but I don't know about tips...

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Grab a coat, step outside with them and allow yourself to sing along.

So, I guess that puts me squarely in the pro-caroler's camp. [​IMG]

4. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Pretend you're not home. [​IMG]

5. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    Awww... but they're freezing their butts off for YOU [​IMG]

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I thought that only happened in the movies [​IMG]

7. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:We haven't been caroled since we left the city. We did get caroled by a group each year before then. After the 1st year we turned the lights off and acted like we weren't home.

I don't care for getting serenaded in restaurants either. Don't even think about having a restaurant get their workers together to come make a bunch of noise at my table for my b-day. I would be okay with it if they gace me a free dinner though. Then I could tolerate it for 2 minutes.

8. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    I used to carol with my Youth group around the area of our church....I also did at college with my BSU group...What I found to be the most "popular" was for people to step on their pourch closing the door behind them while we sang, thank us when we were done and tell us Merry Christmas. We even had some ask us to hold on so they could get a coat and slippers first.

9. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    I don't care for getting serenaded in restaurants either. Don't even think about having a restaurant get their workers together to come make a bunch of noise at my table for my b-day. I would be okay with it if they gace me a free dinner though. Then I could tolerate it for 2 minutes.

LOL Not to change the subject but this is exactly how my Fiance and I feel....We're going on a cruise for our honeymoon and they asked when I booked it when we wanted our honeymoon special.....I got quiet and she said "one night at dinner they will come sing to you" Ummm....Lets skip that please!​

10. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

They haven't invented Christmas carolers here in NC yet I don't think.

Or maybe it's the living way back in the woods, or the no trespassing signs (they would be the only ones that ever read and heed them. lol) or the dogs running around. But either way we have never had any.

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by