Christmas cookie recipies please?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by raiderbabe239, Dec 15, 2009.

1. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    me and my mom and sisters are doing our annual cookie day this year and im tired of just buying premade mixes, if anyone has some good christmas cookie recipies they could share with me id really appreciate it [​IMG]

2. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I have a great one that I am always asked to bring during the holidays. It is a Ginger Molasses cookie. I am not a huge of the regular molasses cookies, but these are wonderful! I'm thinking that maybe there's not as much molasses in it as a true molasses cookie. It has cinnamon, cloves, and ginger that make it wonderfully spicy. It's more like a chewy Ginger Snap.

Ginger Molasses Cookies

3/4 Cup shortening
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/4 cup molasses
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp ginger
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 ground cloves
    About 1/4 cup sugar for rolling dough in.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cream shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add egg, molasses and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix thorougly. Roll into one inch balls and then roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet. Bake for about ten or eleven minutes. Watch for them to lightly brown.

3. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Quote:thanks so much! im printing it out right noww [​IMG]

anyone else have any others?

4. Here is the sugar cookie recipe i use .

In lg bowl beat 2/3 cup softened butter with electric mixer on med to high speed for 30 seconds.

Add 3/4 cup cup sugar , 1 teaspoon baking powder , and 1/4 teaspoon salt.Beat until combined ,scraping sides of bowl.

beat in 1 egg , 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined.

measure out 2 cups all purpose flour and beat in as much as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.

divide dough in 1/2 , if necessary cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.

on lightly floured surface ,roll out 1/2 the dough at a time to 1/8" thickness , cut out in shapes us 2 1/2" cookie cutters

place cookies on ungreesed cookie sheet , 1" apart

bake at 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes or til edges are light brown

transfer to wire rack and allow to cool

makes 36 cookies

5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by