Christmas cookies today!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Imissmyroofabio, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Imissmyroofabio

Imissmyroofabio Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    For the holiday, Im making cookies! LOL this year I'm determined to be the best gift-giver! [​IMG]

so what are you doing for the holidays?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hiding......[​IMG] Although I might come out of my den for Christmas cookies!

3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I love baking cookies for Holiday gifts. I started yesterday, but then I came down with a nasty cold! Argh! [​IMG] Don't know if people would want to recieve cookies from a sick person LOL! (So alas, I just may have to eat them all myself, what a burden! [​IMG] ) I decided on 10 kinds. I love to have variety. Cocunut macaroons, Buckeyes, Sour Cream cutouts, Haystacks, Chocolate Fudge Blossoms, Chocolate covered Pretzels, Russian Teacakes, Kolacky, and Molasses cookies. Yay! [​IMG]

4. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i want to really but i am not very good.great idea tho.
    my neighbor just came by and gave us some molasses cookies she made.they were so good.

5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Yes, we finally made cookies yesterday too! We made Big-Batch Sugar and Molasses Cookies for church today. Also made dough for: honey, peppernuts, cranberry/toffee, and frosted sugar. We have a buffet style meal on Christmas Eve and I serve the cookies for dessert, although I am tempted to make a cheesecake this year. Thanks for the post-I love seeing what everyone else is baking! [​IMG]

6. Imissmyroofabio

Imissmyroofabio Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    it was me and my aunt making the cookies-it was bad at the start, thats all im going to say... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm making chewy molasses ginger cookies, spritz cookies with butter and maybe snowflake shaped rosettes sprinkled with powdered sugar. I have to replace either my deep fryer or my candy thermometer, to make the rosettes. If I replace the thermometer, then I could cook up some fudge... [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Made oatmeal cookies.......fail!

Made sugar cookies with sour cream........fail!

Sigh! I dunno what's wrong but all the ingredients I have are all new or just a few weeks old.

Could it be the weather????/

9. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What happened? Did they just not rise at all?

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I made chocolate gingerbread dough and sugar cookie dough. Let the littles "make" the gingerbread cookies....5 yo (girl) and 7 yo boy were totally into it. 9 yo boy finally asked to make a tray. 12 yo had no interest. And 2 yo...well...lets just say he decorated.....EVERYTHING. I don't think there's a jimmy left in the bottle...and I now have no green sugar. (I can just make that right?)

Also made chocolate/peppermint dipped pretzels and chocolates today.

Tomorrow I think I'll make cream cheese cookies and maybe oatmeal raisin.

Who wants to come over and wrap presents for me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by