1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Christmas Coops

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by flitter, Nov 27, 2011.

1. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been searching for pictures of Christmas coops from past years and haven't turned any up. I plan to do some Christmas cheer for my yard and thought it would be fun to share our pictures. I'll post some pictures when I get it done.

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    This is not my picture, or coop, but I found this for some Ideas for you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Sorry I couldn't make it into a bigger picture.

4. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    This is exactly what I was thinking a few days ago! I though "Hmmm I should decorate my coop....." [​IMG]

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Hmm.... Thinking.

6. flitter

flitter Chillin' With My Peeps

It's been raining hard, lots of wind and cold... so I haven't done much. I hung swags on the run gates. I'm planning on evergreen garland on the eaves of the chicken houses. Candles on the window sills would be cute but the guys and gals like to sit there so they would be hard to anchor.

Thanks for the picture... it's an inspiration.

Now we need drier weather. My motto for the fall has been... Rain, rain go away. Come back as snow another day.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  7. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    It looks like I need to get to work!

8. bawkbonk

bawkbonk New Egg

Jun 10, 2012
    Connecticut
    2012 Christmas Coop. It's for our enjoyment the chickens can't see it, they go to bed before the lights come on.
    [​IMG]

9. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    That is so cool! Your coop looks so festive! I've got to show my husband that picture. I know what he's going to say, but I am going to try anyway. Maybe one day our chickens will get to enjoy a festive coop with decorations and lights too, lol.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm still trying to get the gumption to decorate the house much less the coop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by