*Christmas Countdown* MODERATOR please close this thread TY

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Acre of Blessings, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    As of today there are only 73 days left until Christmas.

[​IMG] Let's have some fun this year [​IMG]

So my question is.....What are you doing today to get ready?

I am finishing up some Embroidered towels and making baskets to put gift items into for family and friends. Also we got us a Christmas tree last night so I will have to make sure it is ready also. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    [​IMG]
    I haven't done a thing, as usual, and will probably swear to start in July again next year, as usual.
    It's all hand crafting and cooking for the most part. DS already came up with saying (all by himself) that since everyone is all grown up now, we really don't need to do presents.

I already have some elderberry jelly, but its disappearing fast.
    Guess I'll bake, although most here are on special diets. What goodies to make for that?

3. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Nothing, it isn't even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet.

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving first! ;-)

5. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Quote:Exactly! I haven't even gotten my head wrapped around Halloween yet! LOL

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Are you kidding me??? I don't even want to start thinking about Christmas yet! Well, that's not completely true as we've been listening to Christmas music on and off for the past week. [​IMG] I just don't want to think about the other part that goes with the holiday quite yet. [​IMG]

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i am all ready to go!!!!!

I have my ipod fully stocked of non chirstmas songs so that when the radio stations are playing non stop carols i am covered...

i have my movies ready to go so i dont have to watch the "festive" programming and also so i dont have to listen to the local news station try to be so politically correct that they make butt heads outta themselves...

lol i know thats not the answer you wanted... but christmas is way to commercial now its not the same

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Me too! My iPod is packed with all sorts of really good Christmas stuff. I love Mannheim Steamroller! [​IMG]

JC Penney is having a $100-off sale on KitchenAid stand mixers this week if you need one for your holiday baking.

Now is the time to stock up on butter and other baking supplies, and find those glass candy thermometers.

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I'm going to make presents for some of my forum friends! This will be a great chistmas, do you think Nifty will decorate the forum?

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:out of respect for people who do not celebrate "christmas" i hope he does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by