Christmas Ducks!!!! **PIC HEAVY**

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I walked in the front door this morning to see MY NAME (!) on a HUGE "box" in the floor next to the tree. Of course this was the first one to be opened...while i was opening it i heard a "cerrrooo, wisper, wisper" (EEK!!! it's a DUCK!)

well i pulled the blanket-wrapping up and there sat 4 Muscovies!!
    2 blue
    1 black
    1 chocolate

I thought, "Wait a minute...I remember these guys!"

They were 4 from this terrible farm were the lady wasnt feeding her birds (i posted about a while back). I found out that the day after my sister & i went to pick up my new girls, she had went back and bought 5, all along i thoguht she had only bought the one hen she brought home that day!!

They have been at my mothers for nearly 3 weeks and i DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT!?! I am just not sure how i missed that!

I'm so happy though, they went right in with everyone else just a while ago. they're doing good. there was a little bit of 'excitement' for a few minutes but they calmed down. They can climb the ramp like pro's too, it was so cute. [​IMG]

I am not sure what their age is, my other girls from the same place are around 6months now, but these guys have bigger curuncles.
    I aso think there might be 2 boys in there, even though she bought them as hens...im just glad she got them out of there.

So whatta you all think? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have no idea on what sexes they are yet.

IGOR: (has neck curncles)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PANDA:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FINLEY: (has neck curuncles)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ECHO:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Love that last one (blue). Very pretty! [​IMG]

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww, Beautiful new Scovies! What a nice Christmas present. I esp. think Panda and Echo are gorgeous.

4. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    those ducks have some long tails [​IMG]

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Yeah, their tails look strange because the previous owner totally hacked their wings off. I hate it and can't wait until they grow back.

I've NEVER seen a clipping that looked like this!

Panda is a total *Cutie*, I've only had one other Scovy that was "stripey" like Panda but I had to rehome him earlier this year. I'm excited to find out what sexes they are(i'm sure it wont take long) and then later on...the babies!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    OMGEEZ YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!! I;m still waiting on my choco pied hesn to arrive [​IMG] DOes that one duck have BLACK claws????

7. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Nice colors!

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Finley, the blue-funky one does have black claws, isn't that wierd?? I noticed it when we put them in the pen. They're all scared to death of being touched. i think they were just really mistreated and ignored a lot at their old home.

2 of the first 3 girls we got are total babies though.

9. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    That is so weird!! But in a cool way, lol

10. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    They are GORGEOUS!!! [​IMG]. I think Panda is the only girl but I could be wrong. Congrats on the awesome gift!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by