Christmas Eve Luminaria tour

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jenichick, Dec 26, 2007.

1. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Our city lights the entire local cemetary and most of the grave sites with luminarias on Christmas eve and spell JESUS out on the hillside. They line the roads in and throughout with them too, and have the tall church bells ringing playing Christmas music. Many of you know my grandaughter (my daughter's baby) recently passed away and is buried there.

We took my daughter and her fiancee to tour the lights and we took Molli some white poinsettas for her site. It was a very beautiful and memorable event. I gave my daughter a sapphire (Molli's birthstone) heart necklace for Christmas to match her ring, she was so thankful.

Considering the rough year we had, it was actually a very, very nice Christmas! Hope everyone elses was just as good. I see some members had some loss of chicks and family and I'm sorry!

Jen

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    What a beautiful and memorable picture you paint. I love that they light up Jesus' name. I hope this brought some comfort to your daughter. I can't even begin to imagine how hard these first holidays must be for her. Your gift was very sweet. God Bless you all, Suz

3. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Thank you...I just wanted to share. My chickens are doing so good, this seemed like the most important part of my holiday!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by