Christmas Gift Ideas?

HeNZ

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 9, 2012
Hey,

My parents have started to keep chickens this year, with 6 of them being 1 or 2 weeks away from laying eggs, and another group of 10 babies (which we will return the roosters once we know which ones).

I'm looking for some cool gift ideas for them. If you can suggest an item you couldn't live without, then I will definitely consider it! (a special type of feeder? water dispenser/bowl? toy? etc...) They love to spoil these chickens... They're pets, not just egg laying machines.

Alternatively, something to add personality to their yard or coops, like a clever or fancy sign, or something. like so:

Or maybe a fancy egg holder, like this:

We're from New Zealand, so please try to include a link to a place where I can purchase it, but if not, still post anyway!

Thanks.

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hi HeNZ
welcome-byc.gif
Something I would have really liked is a baby monitor for the coop
big_smile.png
or a pretty wire egg basket for the kitchen counter. Or a few homemade redeemable coupons for coop cleaning duty would have been adored, lol. Good luck on your gift hunt!

Chicken water nipples!!!!
wee.gif
I love mine
love.gif
They can't get the water dirty.
ya.gif
I used to have a big can waterer with a tray, the girls would stand on top of the can and poop in the tray.
sickbyc.gif
Who knew chickens had nipples??
lau.gif
I bought the threaded kind and the correct sized drill bit to go with them. I drilled 3 holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and screwed the nipples in like the instructions said to do. I also sealed them up with a bit of silicone bathroom sealer. Just hang the bucket up and they will peck underneath to get a drink. Be sure to buy extras.......chicken math ya' know.
yesss.gif

http://www.qcsupply.com/420006-poly-threaded-body-nipple.html

I have looked everywhere on the internet for the Egg Skelter, for someone who will ship to New Zealand..

Not a single website will ship to NZ, no shops in NZ that I have found sell it, none are on our local auction site, and a seller on eBay claiming to ship worldwide seems to have blocked me from purchasing their items after messaging them asking for shipping to NZ...?

This is the hardest item in the world to get your hands on... I should probably import these somehow and become rich.

Any other good ideas? :D

I have looked everywhere on the internet for the Egg Skelter, for someone who will ship to New Zealand..

Not a single website will ship to NZ, no shops in NZ that I have found sell it, none are on our local auction site, and a seller on eBay claiming to ship worldwide seems to have blocked me from purchasing their items after messaging them asking for shipping to NZ...?

This is the hardest item in the world to get your hands on... I should probably import these somehow and become rich.

Any other good ideas? :D
Print the picture an see if a local shop will make you one. Some thick wire an a welder an I could make that. Mine would not be as pretty but other could do better than me.

Back
Top Bottom