Christmas gift treat ideas?

Savethereptiles

Chirping
Jul 28, 2021
Screenshot_20211217-192400-761.png

This is one of my quail💕 he is the only male I have and I love him to death, I will give him treat every once in awhile but I wanted to know if any of you had any exotic treats you give your quail, I want to give him something special as a Christmas treat. this year is his first Christmas 🎄
Screenshot_20211217-193137-625.png

I'm watching, I have a house chick and she's very pampered and spoiled. She's going to spend christmas with the family this year and I wanted to wrap up a little present for her.
I already got her a big tub of her favourite treat, dried mealworms. So I'm not sure what to get her.

Most veggies are fine. Black soldier fly larvae are a nice treat too. High in protein and not as fatty as mealworms. You might try some live crickets or mealworms that you can get from your local pet store.

My adult California quail are not very interested in bugs. I give them greens (sprouts, kale, etc), fruit (strawberry, banana, apple), and seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax, millet). For Christmas I like to buy millet sprays. They get bored with anything after a while, so even if they love something a lot, I have to rotate it.

I would give him the thinks you requested but make his food homemade and he gets chopped mixed with fruit, sprouted wheat, oats, barley, and he gets mealworms or soldier fly larva's mixed into his feed so all the foods you requested are already in his feed that's why I'm having trouble finding him a special treat🥲

He only ever gets commercial feed when someone is taking care of him when I'm on business trip or vacation because it's easier for the babysitter to feed him

Back
Top Bottom