Christmas gifts

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ~*~Ayano~*~, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ~*~Ayano~*~

~*~Ayano~*~ Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    We have been experimenting with egg gifts for christmas. We are a bit short on money so we have been blowing eggs, spray painting them, and pasting small pictures on them with glitter. They are fun to make. A bit challenging tho since we get most of our eggs from Modern Game Hens, Serama's, and Hamburgs. [​IMG]

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  3. ~*~Ayano~*~

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you for sharing the thread, they are very beautiful

4. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Very nice.
    I have a question. Just how do you blow an egg?
    I remember trying this years ago, didn't work very
    well. Any suggestions?

5. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I prefer eggs that are not super fresh. Fresh eggs give me a headache when i try to blow them. everything is still very very intact. So when mine are about a week I gently tap a hole in both ends. Make sure beforehand that the egg is VERY clean. Then just blow. Lots of lip contact which is why I said to make sure it was very clean. If they are very new eggs I have blown so hard that I cracked them which is a total pain in the rear and a bit waste of time and a pretty egg. The not so fresh ones are really much much easier.

6. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Thanks

7. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    They also make a tool called a blas-fix egg blowing tool they run under 10.00 on amazon.com or other craft stores [​IMG]

8. ~*~Ayano~*~

Mar 4, 2011
    We had gotten a syringe from our vet that we had used to put out meds in the drinking water, we dont really need the syringe anymore so we put the needle in the egg and suck the insides out with that. It seems to be much easier and you get less of a headache. There is also the old fashioned way of poking one hole at each end and blowing the insides out that way. Both ways are a bit time consuming.

9. violadav

violadav Cooped Up Spammer

Nov 11, 2011
    I have been looking all over the place to find a good and safe kids scooter. Is there any online store also for these kids scooter? Because I want to buy some electric scooters that is allowed for kids between 10 to 16 years? I have been looking for $100-200 range and I have came across nice variety of them online but are they safe for the kids.

Spam Removed by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by