Christmas Goose and Ducky too !!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Bossroo, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    To continue a century old tradition... My sainted Grandmother and Mother and now my Wife and Daughter always invite a goose and/or a duck to a place of honor for Christmas dinner. I just invited, then they accepted, and placed Loosy Goosy and Lucky Ducky to the honored guest list. Since last Saturday, I provide them with the finest lodgings at the Taliban Motel ( my all steel barn) and am serving them the finest and richest of feedstuffs in anticipation of the feast on the hallowed day. Loosy Goosy and Lucky Ducky will be carried into the house by their most obedient servants (my Sons and myself), stuffed to the gills and tanned to a golden tan in my Daughter's tanning salon.Then, again they will be carried by their most obedient sevants (my Sons) to have the most honored place on the formal dinner table. All ( except the grandkids, who will be tearing open their wrapped gifts by now) will partake of a fermented grape beverage and offer up carols of great joy. [​IMG]

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    LMAO!

All too funny...

They have any friends who want to be on my honored Christmas table? [​IMG]

3. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Sounds good to me. Be sure to process a few days early and let them age in the fridge about 72 hours before cooking.

4. Bossroo

Bossroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    I had to promise them that they will loose their heads with joy with a luxurious sauna in rich mineral waters of NaCl, C12 H22 O11, and assorted herbs for a day. However, they demand to be transported like the Roman Gods, that they are, by four servant bearers as they will be unable to walk, only waddle, due to their glutenous freeloading of feedstufs at the luxurious and opulant Taliban Motel to the appointment at the spa followed by the tanning salon. Thereupon, they will make their grand appearance on the alter where all the lowly guests will bow their heads in adoration as their heavenly due.

5. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    You can then honor them the next day covering them with a blanket of nice soft white bread and a mud bath of dejon mustard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by