Christmas/Holiday feelings

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by 77horses, Nov 15, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Christmas and Holiday feelings-

Every year, when Christmas comes around and it begins to snow, I get this "Holiday feeling" that makes me feel all excited and warm inside. [​IMG] I think about all the Christmas songs and helping mom make cookies for parties and family get-togethers, and leaving cookies and milk for Santa out on the counter(and carrots for the reindeer!) It makes me have the Christmas Spirit around this time of year. I think about all the new fluffy white snow that we will have, and hot chocolate, and sledding and playing in the snow. I think about Christmas Eve, when we go to Norad.com to see where Santa is, and I think about when we go to bed, finding it hard to sleep because we can't wait to wake up in the morning and eat mom's yummy bread pudding. And it makes me think about decorating the Christmas tree and lighting up the house. I LOVE listening to Christmas songs around this time of year, and I LOVE decorating! This time of year gives me wonderful feelings, and it also makes me more and more excited, because after December, we will be that much closer to Spring, when I can fire up the new styro-bator! [​IMG]

So, what are your Holiday/Christmas feelings??? [​IMG] What do you do around this time of year, when it's almost time to snow and when it's time to decorate once again? [​IMG]
    Have fun and Merry *early* Christmas! [​IMG]

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] I miss being a kid at Christmas. I love spending time with family and friends and coming up with food food food to make!!! I also like being able to tromp out on our property to cut down a tree.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Ummm.... I'm not really big on the 'holidays'. I do enjoy the season change though [​IMG] I love that snow will be piled to the windows and we'll be comfy and cozy inside by the fireplace with hot cocoa. One of my favorite things to do [​IMG]

4. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Shellie- my BF says that her main goal this holiday season is to de-grinch me [​IMG] I really am sort of anti- holiday because of all the rampant consummerism- BUT 77horses comment made me remember what I loved about Christmas when I was a kid, and what I do still like about it even tho I grumble about it a lot.

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:LOL! My husband calls me a grinch everytime Christmas rolls around. I don't celebrate it myself, but since we've had the kids, it's pretty much 'mandatory' says my catholic raised agnostic husband. He does the majority of the Christmas shopping, while I bake, sew or attempt some other craft for the kids for Yule.

It works... sort of. LOL He's wanted me to decorate the tree the past 4 years. It still hasn't made it to a full fledged Christmas tree, more like a winter tree. It's silver, blue and white with icicles, snowflakes and snowmen on it. [​IMG]

6. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:I miss being a younger kids around Christmas.
    eta but around the hoildays I act younger I mean who can not want to trim the tree and eat rice crispie treats

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  7. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    LOL ya it's lots of fun! [​IMG] I don't know when I will stop trick-or-treating! lol I'm still young enough, but I say no one is too old for Holidays and stuff. [​IMG]

8. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    You do know that not every thread belongs in the games board? Right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by