Christmas incubators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ekemily, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ekemily

ekemily Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    Hello all,
    I've never had an incubator. I'm making my Christmas list, and I want the Genesis 1588 with the automatic egg turner for my first bator. I've found them online from $160 to $180.
    I'm trying to figure out how to talk myself into buying it before Christmas..... like right now!
    So, my question is, do they mark up the price of incubators during the holiday season?
    If they do, then (using my chicken logic) it would probably make more sense just to buy it now.... don't ya think? [​IMG]
    Christmas in July...

2. perolane

perolane Songster

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    I love Christmas in July....hurry!! Tomorrow's the last day of July!! [​IMG]

3. Quailfamah

Quailfamah Songster

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    now is definitley better than later [​IMG]

ive nevr seen incubator prices go up at any certain time of year, i think you would be safe to by ita t christmas.

but whatthe heck treat yourself to somehting right now [​IMG]

4. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Really, you NEED to get it right now anyway because in December it will be too cold for baby chicks. [​IMG]

5. clayburnley

clayburnley Hatching

Dec 16, 2009
    Would you like to buy a decent used one with all the parts including chicken and quail trays?
    May be a little stained and could use cleaning but works well.

6. ekemily

ekemily Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    I wouldn't mind buying used. I'm new to hatching (not to chickens) and just getting started. It all depends on how used it is and what the price + shipping is!

7. MjChickens

MjChickens Songster

Jun 30, 2010
    La Center, Wa
    I don't know about online but in my area price price of incubators go way up during the winter time, down in the spring. They can be a $10 to $20 difference. So maybe look now. Oh I just got another bator online at www.incubatorwarehouse.com They were alot ceaper then most.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by