Christmas lights - stupid neighbors

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Catalina, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    I just went out to check on my girls and they weren't roosting yet.
    They were just milling around and making little worried peeping noises.
    Why? Because my neighbors just turned on their Christmas lights. It is almost 10pm and it looks like day. Not only is their house, garage, fence, playhouse and trees covered with lights- they used super bright, giant sized lights. They're huge!
    They look beautiful, BUT they're keeping my babies awake!!
    I covered the window with a sheet and the girls finally settled down, but really...crazy neighbors!

2. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    You mean

???

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

OH, MY, Wolf! If I wanted to live in Vegas, I'd live in Vegas, for heavens sake! Scary. Those people have more money than they need if they can pay that electric bill, geez.

4. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    That is crazy! Much worse than my neighbors! Their lights just stay on -so I guess I can't complain.

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    If they lived across the street from me I think something just might happen to the nearest transformer! [​IMG]

6. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    I thought it was the one you sent but I have seen one of those houses done up like that with the music an all and then it light up into flames. Sucks to be them. I agree more money and TIME then they know what to do with!
    Have a good night

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Just sneak over there, dressed in all black, and pull a few bulbs.

8. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    I remember seeing that last year wolf. I love it, somebody worked hard to set that up and get it right with the music. I can respect that for sure.

9. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Holy cow!!!!! I think I'd rather spend time with my chickens than have to put those up and then take them down.

10. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats funny, I noticed last night my effect on the "locals". I put out about 1/2 my xmas decorations, just the penquins (8), the moose (1) and the "street" lamp. Have yet to put out the polar bears, the reindeer & the seals. Did a test run last night, turned on the lights and noticed that it went from all quite on the block to all kinds of chirping :thun (I took it as complaining) from the local natives (my chickens are out back shut inside an eglu). Yeh, you could probably read out there. So while I will be putting the rest out they will not be getting turned on to often. Thats ok I still like how they look especially after they get covered with snow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by