Christmas lights up, Christmas tree up, wife still decorating.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    and when the cold front hits on Sunday, I've got everything ready to light a match in the fireplace.

Got the major gifts covered (bought) for 5 of the 7 kids. So much shopping left to do.

Oh... and I'm loving the leftovers from yesterday.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont want to put up ANY decorations this year...i'm feeling like a scrooge. *sigh* But i will for the kids..

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I have put up two trees today, hung garland and white lights on anything that would hold still, and am still dragging things up from storage. I have one more tree, a big one, to go up in the great room. The stockings are 'about to be hung' by the electronic-ignite-gas-fireplace (just doesn't have the same ring, does it?) with care.
    It's going to look like Christmas exploded at my house by this time tomorrow.

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I like the way it looks out front... in fact we had some friends come over earlier and they were surprised to see me out laying on the fresh cut green grass in the front yard admiring the lights on the house and around all the bushes etc...

I love Phoenix this time of year.

5. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Quote:I was stomping my boots into the duck's water this morning to break up 1/4" of ICE, Mahonri. It will be about 30 degrees again tonight, and old man winter just keeps coming closer and closer until soon he's going to drop a blanket of the white stuff on us. Won't my chickens have their little beaks out of joint when that occurs....
    No fair rubbing in the laying in the grass in the nice weather in AZ. I'm going to UPS you some snow....

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Fun!

We will be doing our decorating tomorrow. DH worked today, so I went and picked up the tree so it will be ready to bring in the house tomorrow. I also bought lots of snack foods so we can decorate, listen to Christmas music, decorate our gingerbread house, and play some games! [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are doing ours on Sunday. Tomorrow is our big dinner, so not tomorrow.

8. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Quote:No cold front. I was planning on leaving my coat behind to save on luggage space.

9. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Weather planner for dacjohns' trip to Phoenix.

Tomorrow
    Nov 28

Details
    Showers
    Hi: 73° Lo: 52°

Day: Showers. High 73F. Winds W at 8 mph. Air Quality: Moderate, UV Index: 3

Night: Showers. Low 52F. Winds NE at 4 mph.

Sunday
    Nov 29 Showers
    Hi: 65° Lo: 51°

Showers. High 65F. Winds NW at 3 mph. Air Quality: Good, UV Index: 3

Monday
    Nov 30 Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 62° Lo: 42°

Mostly Sunny. High 62F and low 42F. Winds E at 5 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 3

Tuesday
    Dec 01 Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 62° Lo: 33°

Mostly Sunny. High 62F and low 33F. Winds SW at 4 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

Wednesday... my day off
    Dec 02 Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 63° Lo: 42°

Mostly Sunny. High 63F and low 42F. Winds NW at 4 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

Thursday
    Dec 03 Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 67° Lo: 42°

Mostly Sunny. High 67F and low 42F. Winds W at 4 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

Friday
    Dec 04 Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 69° Lo: 36°

Mostly Sunny. High 69F and low 36F. Winds SW at 9 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: NA

10. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    im not decorating until we know what's going on. we are trying to sell our house adn we may move out before x-mas.. so i don't want to decorate before that haha.
    Sue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by