Christmas Morning Then vs Christmas Morning Now...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenfeathers, Dec 25, 2007.

1. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    Merry Christmas, I helped my mom and dad set th the present up from us then santa came and put out his presents [​IMG] . todays christmas's are nothing like the old days.

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    lol, so true...

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Was it ever really that nice or is it nostalgia?

As a child I was much more spoiled, selfish, and downright nasty than
    my son will or has ever been. Yes, he did get the video game but he
    was much more interested in giving us our presents first and now instead
    of playing the expensive video game he is playing a Scooby Doo game
    with Mom.

We are BLESSED. THANKS GOD!!!

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Good point, PC.
    As children we don't see or feel the stress that the parents go through to provide a nice Chirstmas, nice dinner, get all the gifts bought and paid for. And what about Santa? How stressed must he be to make sure all the good kids get soemthing special?

But the memories of our childhood Christmases nd the good feelings those memories still bring after all those years keep us going through the next one.

When I think of my childhood Christmases, I still get the warm feelings and happy memories of the child I was, even though as an adult, I know know it must have been hard on my parents to provide it all. My Mom was a SAHM and Dad was a cop on the night patrol. He worked all night and was always home in time to be "wakened" by us and spend Christmas morning with us before going to sleep.

Those were magical times and it is the child in all of us that keeps it alive and striving to give the same to our kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by