Christmas Ornaments......any interest?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by meriruka, Dec 12, 2008.

1. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Hi Everyone!
    I was thinking about making these ornaments but I'm not sure if anyone would want them.
    Please have a look at the pic and tell me if you would buy something like this and if so, how much would you be willing to pay? They're time consuming, so I wouldn't want to make a pile of them that no one wants......[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for your imput!
    [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't know what to suggest about pricing but I do know they are very beautiful and you can tell they would be time consuming. I love them and it's very good work.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Those are positively precious and would make good gifts for any bear enthusiast, not just for tree ornaments. They look incredible, and like each one would take CONSIDERABLE time to finish; thus I have no idea what would be a good price for one. If you decide to make some & sell them on here, I'll keep a look-out for them. My younger sister loves teddy bears of all kinds. [​IMG]

4. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for the compliments. I'm ashamed to say they are supposed to be mice, but if they look more like bears, that's fine too! I was thinking maybe $7 or so plus shipping. Is that too exorbitant?

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

ooops! my bad! Be they mice or bears, they're adorable, and no I don't think $7 + s/h is too much. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I WANT ONE!

7. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I think they are adorable! I think $7.00 is good for them. One thing you may consider is checking the USPS website to get shipping to the furthest locations and adding that to the price and then doing it as "Free Shipping". I love internet purchases and Free Shipping gets me everytime. It will also save you the hassle of figuring prices for each one, ect.

Great work on them!

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Those hideous Hannah Montana ornaments in Walmart are 8 bucks a piece. I think $7 for yours is a real bargain! They're adorable [​IMG]

9. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    They are cute, I also thought they were bears, but my mom adores anything bear, so I may have had bears on my mind!!
    7.00 is a good price!
    Brenda

10. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    Ok, bears they are. Thanks everyone!
    Appytaz, the free shipping thing is a good idea. It looks like an average of $3.00 or so.
    Now I just have to figure out where to get a pile of little boxes for cheap......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by