Christmas Setting?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by JJMR794, Dec 24, 2010.

1. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Is Anyone Else Planning Setting Eggs On Christmas Day? I Will Have Several Speces Going In... Coturnix, Bobs, Ring Neck Pheasants, And Cochin Chickens...

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I set some in last week. They are due Jan. 6th.

3. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I Do Multiple Settings Each Week For That Matter.... Just Curious To See If Anyone Else Was Setting On Christmas?

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am setting some coturnix, Marans, EEs, button quail, and coturnix, and some African Harlequin eggs [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've got a few eggs that need to go in the bator now, 2 BCM, 2 rouen ducks, a serama, and a couple of silkie eggs. I've been setting 5-10 eggs a week here lately, whatever the birds decide to donate [​IMG]

No quail here though, they stink too bad [​IMG]

6. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:I GET THAT MANY CHICKEN EGGS A DAY. QUAIL ARE WAY MORE PROLIFIC. SINCE THE HOLIDAYS SCREW UP SHIPPING I WILL SET EVEN MORE THAN USUAL TOMARROW... HAVE WELL OVER 200 COTURNIX EGGS ALONE... 9 LATE RINGNECK EGGS, AND THE COCHIN GIRLS JUST KEEP SHOOTIN THEM OUT...

PULLED A FEW COCHIN ROOS OUT OF BREEDING PENS FOR RETIREMENT 2 MOS AGO, HENS LAYED EVEN MORE EGGS WITHOUT THEM.. NOW I GET AN AVERAGE OF 12-13 EATING EGGS A DAY... CANT USE THEM ALL AND RUNNING OUT OF STORAGE SPACE IN THE FRIDGE FOR THEM SO I STARTED SELLING THEM ON CL CHEAP JUST TO GET RID OF THEM AND MAKE A LIL $ TOWARD FEED

WOULDNT MIND IF SANTA BROUGHT ME ANOTHER CABINET BATOR (UNLIKELY THO... [​IMG] ) LOOKS LIKE I WILL LIKELY HAVE A BUNCH OF BATORS UP AND RUNNIN FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS FOR THIS BATCH...

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The BCM (1 hen) lays an egg every other day more or less, though she did skip today. The duck also lays an egg every other day, but she skipped today too. I got some adult seramas on Tuesday and one of them laid an egg in the box, so that ones going in. Then the silkie (black) started laying again after her broody spell, so I might as well set hers too. I'm not getting many eggs now, maybe 4-8 daily depending on who decides to lay, but mainly I'm setting the BCM's, silkie's, and any ducks or OEGB I find [​IMG]

The rest of the eggs get fed to the dogs or chickens [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I set some a few days ago. Hopefully I can do a little better than broody Lucy Lu. Got to give her credit for trying though...LOL.

We need to grow Lucy's son Zombie some girlfriends.

9. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I started collecting eggs yesterday. I will be setting within the week [​IMG]

10. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    When I take my kids to my parents, we'll see if Santa got my incubator and if so I'll set about 20 coturnix eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by