Christmas surprise Ruined. Presents bought early *PICTURES**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well Ive been planning for three weeks to get my sister a dwarf lionhead for christmas. I went to a friends house today and we went to the local outdoor mall... and there was my mom and sister.... in the petstore.... buying stinkin rabbits! SO my christmas surprise was ruined - but I came home with a bunny today and my sister got a dwarf. Both are mutts.

Here is my little bit - any idea what she is a cross of?? SHe and my dog instantly bonded.
    Here name is : Princess Snuffle - up - a guess. Untill I can come up with something more realistic [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Congrats on the new bunnies. [​IMG]

3. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    good luck with them! My vet said they should eat more hay than pellets if you want them to be healthy and have good teeth and mouths. So make sure to feed them a bunch of hay and they tend to get sick easy so just look up what you want to give them before you give them it. Now you should buy her something for her rabbit! What about a rabbit harness? They aren't too expensive and the rabbits get used to them quick. they won't really walk like a dog or anything but then they can't run away if you take them outside. Before you take them out for the first time just let them run around in it inside for a while to make sure they can't get out of it. Have a happy! [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] yay! Bunnies!!![​IMG]

5. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Ruined? No!!!!! It's okay.... I mean, you'll live. These "ideal" holiday surprises and visions of perfect lovely gift-giving are bound to set us up. Don't let it ruin things for you! Enjoy your sweet sister & dear bunnies, because that is all you can do. The alternative is terrible: If you get a big ol' attitude about this, you will be as welcome as a lump of coal in your sister's stocking. Tell her that you wanted to surprise her & make her so happy... IF you can make it about her!

6. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    Not to start a feeding to debate, but the most important part of a rabbits diet shoul dbe pellets. Followed by hay. A lot of rabbit savy vets aren'st so savy when it comes to their dietary needs. Also you got to watch your pellets. try to feed something that is corn free. there has been problems with corn mold in the feed lately. Also stay away from Cache Commodity Rabbit called commercial rabbit if its in your area. Huge problems going on with that one right now. Go with something like the corn free formula of rabbit chow. Maybe oxbow. those are the only two that don't seem to be effected by the feed problems that i know of. You can give lots of fresh orchard grass hay as well.

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]
    Thanks you guys for "teaching: me how to care fro these guys, but ive had about 20 different rabbits these past three years and have had many a rabbit before that. SO we are all stocked up on feed and acessories and such. No need to worry.

Ill just have to get her that 55 gallon aquarium w/ stand that I saw on CL

8. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Quote:Hopefully not for the bunnies!

9. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    NO! lol, no way, I would never put a mammal in an aquarium. givesd them respiratory problems among other things. No, lol, its for her growing bearded dragon who is currently in a 20 gallon.

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My dog is in love with this bunny, and she / he is the cutest thing ever! Anyone know of a name? Im hoping its not a female, but it wouldnt matter if it was a buck or a doe. We have two other rabbits in the house - no idea waht sex they are either and I really dont wanna vent sex these guys. I dont thiink they would forgive me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by