Christmas Treats?? Why? Why? Why?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by krazeepolack, Dec 26, 2010.

1. krazeepolack

krazeepolack Chillin' With My Peeps

I've read on here about folks feeding thier chickens-TREATS. Don't you realize you're messing w/thier DIETS?? Christmas day is OVER!! Leftover's from the table, shrimp, crab, cooked oatmeal w/goodies added, none the less, turkey carcass, bread, canned corn, etc, etc, infinium!!! It's enough to make MY MOUTH WATER! [​IMG] Of course, I cannot tell anyone how to feed thier flock. All my chickens got for Christmas was fresh tomatoes, & CHERRY CHEESE CAKE! [​IMG] I personally wouldn't want to risk messing up thier diets; I keep them on a STRICT DIET- strictly anything edible!! [​IMG] Both items were DEVOURED in MINUTES!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Now, it's back to the inevitible WAIT! [​IMG] [​IMG] When does the payback start? [​IMG] 20 weeks, & 4 days- not a fresh laid morsel in sight! [​IMG] But, who's counting, right? [​IMG] If they choose to continue this non-union strike situation, thier diets will DEFINITELY be changed!! Hm! Pork chops smothered in mushrooms, ham steak, more BOSS, bullseye eggs, anyone tried Ben & jerry's ice cream??

2. Amyh

Amyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    haha!! My flock got all the cookies that Santa was supposed to eat!!! [​IMG]

3. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    My chickens spend their entire day either eating bugs around the yard or begging for food at the door. They are so cute I just HAVE to give them treats [​IMG]

4. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Mine got corn, sweet potato bread and cooked broccoli.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by