Christmas Wishes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 22, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This came up tonight when my mother, whom I do not have the best relationship with, asked what we want for Christmas. She wants my banana bread. I am tempted to tell her I want a hug, from her heart.

What are your non-material desires for gifts from those that you love or care about?

2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    One from mine.... [​IMG]

I would like..... for my family.... a softening of hearts.... remembering the love and peace that God wants us to feel.... being happy for the sake of enjoying being happy. To praise God for what we DO have brings us fufilment.

"When you already know you're going to live forever, there's just not much left to worry about."

That sums up what I want for my family to remember, that they already know:)

3. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

My daughter, who is not yet even a teen, is dealing with alot of anxiety/depression issues. She is currently going through some treatment, and is very open with me (thank goodness) I would wish that these issues would start to fade, and she can enjoy being a kid again. I'd also wish that the tension that is between my husband's brother/wife, us and his parents would either come to a head or go away. Still not even sure why there is tension, but everyone is afraid to talk about it. I think it has something to do with my husbands brother and wife being resentful towards something. My hubby hates confrontation about as much as his mother does, so needless to say, nothing gets talked about. Oh, and I wish for world peace [​IMG]

4. Starlight 451

Starlight 451 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    I wish that my relatives who need job or better jobs can find them.
    I do not have a good relationship with my father stretching from way back, I hope that can improve somehow too.

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I wish my brother to stop leaching off my mom,and I wish my mom to love my brother without feeling the need to give him money and bail him out of every problem he gets into over and over. She bails him and then cries/complains to me about it every day.

I wish dh and I could get healthy and not need all these pills we take.

6. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    My only wish is a big one, at least for me. I want my daughter and her husband, who have been trying since 2003 to be pregnant for Christmas. They are actually going through the in vitro fertilization process right now, so it's a possibility!

7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    More time with hubby.

And maybe for my brother to come back from the dark side and stop being such a jerk. I miss the old days of having a brother.

8. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    .. to have been able to say "I love you, goodbye".
    And to never miss that chance again!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Beloved phone calls....Sigh... I hate that facebook replaces that.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Our grandson that was born on 9/4 was an in vitro baby - there is hope!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by