1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    What are you doing now to prepare for Christmas?

2. UrbanChickenMama

UrbanChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    We're currently cleaning the house. DH said the house has to be spotless before he'll bring down the Christmas boxes from the attic. So the kids and I are on a mission today! [​IMG]

3. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    we cleaned up the yard yesterday and are preparing to put the christmas blow up things up [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I just got done with Thanksgiving!! [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    enjoying the quiet before the storm....ha ha.

actually, we are just chillin' and preparing little by little.

will probably start my baking this next week.

6. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Way too many little ones here to decorate any time soon! Unless you consider the crafts that the kids make, then we are decorating with that. I will put up my tree, etc. a little closer to Christmas. The baby is way to quick to have it up this early!

7. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    me too Miss Jayne,
    I am going to bake all the quick breads this week everyone is getting one for Yule. And I'm getting a tree for the front porch tomorrow if it stops raining.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:it's just easier to do some at a time, don't you think? instead of making yourself nuts on Dec. 23 or whenever you celebrate.

i'm thinking lots of cookies, brownies and fudge. ohhhhh yeaaaah.....

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    By my calculations I've still got 25 days to start thinking about Christmas.
    I like the peanut brittle and fudge I make to be really fresh, so I won't make that at least until the 2nd week of Dec.
    My SO is planning on taking a week's vacation sometime in December so I guess that's the week we'll get everything done.
    Would love to do without a tree, but there's the grandson to think about. Wonder if he'd notice the difference if I got a rosemary "tree" instead?
    All in all, I'd say bah humbug. [​IMG]

10. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I agree and they freeze so well. I'll be doing the cookies too. I bought the chips and nuts the other day.
    My sisters in law and I used to get together everyone would bring one of the items to make cookies and then we would put them all together and make our favorites and everyone would get some of each kind.
    It was a tradition for over 20 yrs but now it seems like everyone is too busy this year, its sad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by