Chronic sinus infections

nchls school

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Tennessee
I have a bantam rooster that has had sinus infections off and on for more than a year. He's basically a house pet and while in the house the sinus problems improve and disappear. If he is outside for any length of time his sinuses swell up and the eyes become watery. We've been using MicrocynAH which does help. We also use petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on his face, comb, and wattles; mostly because the rooster actually seems to like having his face rubbed turning his head this way and that so no spot is missed. In this behavior, the rooster is more like a parrot than a chicken.
Any ideas out there that might work better than what we're using.
?

I have a bantam rooster that has had sinus infections off and on for more than a year. He's basically a house pet and while in the house the sinus problems improve and disappear. If he is outside for any length of time his sinuses swell up and the eyes become watery. We've been using MicrocynAH which does help. We also use petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on his face, comb, and wattles; mostly because the rooster actually seems to like having his face rubbed turning his head this way and that so no spot is missed. In this behavior, the rooster is more like a parrot than a chicken.
?

For any deep seated Infection
Neodox
(neomycin & doxycycline) is one of the most recommended Medicine

I personally heal my rooster sinus Infection with Essenials oils
Thyme , rosemary

And naturally I feed him moringa tablet and he's sinus Infection gone

?
You might check into Tylosin soluble powder, doxycycline, or Denagard which all can treat mycoplasma or MG. Some are available online for pigeons and Denagard is available as well.

Thank you all. I will make a list of your suggestions and start at the top of the list. Pablo is a pet, yes, but also a rooster that has given me many beautiful chicks; not a single chick has had the father's problem-all have been healthy.

I guess I'll bring a hen in to the house now and again when I want chicks.

a1aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom