Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

psshh, that's small for you! I use to seeing plated piled high with potatoes, eggs, and all kinds of yummy looking things.
I haven’t been cooking lately. 😂🤣🙈 just downing muffins, ice cream, and saltines with PB on them LOL 😂🤣🙈🙈 I did last night though and today I made tuna and sweet potato slices lol fried them in a pan haha so good. :love that’s my carbs cause I ate the tuna out of the bowl lol the other day I had a huge buffalo chicken sandwich and the day before a meatball sub 😂🤣🙈

Speaking of processing...anyone know if a larger bodied standard breed is that much harder to do than a soft plump CX? I have small hands so cleaning out a standard size should not be too hard, but I'm wondering if I aim for doing them under 18 weeks will it be harder to clean out the inside in general? Are the membranes tougher?

I haven’t been cooking lately. 😂🤣🙈 just downing muffins, ice cream, and saltines with PB on them LOL 😂🤣🙈🙈 I did last night though and today I made tuna and sweet potato slices lol fried them in a pan haha so good. :love that’s my carbs cause I ate the tuna out of the bowl lol the other day I had a huge buffalo chicken sandwich and the day before a meatball sub 😂🤣🙈
Geeze.... reading your post made me gain weight!

Speaking of processing...anyone know if a larger bodied standard breed is that much harder to do than a soft plump CX? I have small hands so cleaning out a standard size should not be too hard, but I'm wondering If I aim for under 18 weeks will it be harder to clean out the inside in general? Are the membranes tougher?
I used to have a lot of Orpingtons. They are tougher than Cornish-X, but nothing to worry about.:idunnoThe little leghorns I sometimes cut down the middle like a fish.

I used to have a lot of Orpingtons. They are tougher than Cornish-X, but nothing to worry about.:idunnoThe little leghorns I sometimes cut down the middle like a fish.
I wondered if smaller birds could be done like quail is done. Snip along the back and everything comes out in one fell swoop. Easy peasy!
Or so I understand...the video I saw went from the head off phase to a finished cleaned quail in about 3 minutes. This included plucking too. (actually just rubbing the feathers off)

I wondered if smaller birds could be done like quail is done. Snip along the back and everything comes out in one fell swoop. Easy peasy!
Or so I understand...the video I saw went from the head off phase to a finished cleaned quail in about 3 minutes. This included plucking too. (actually just rubbing the feathers off)
OMG wow!!!!! I hope I’m that fast when I do mine hahaha

Back
Top Bottom