Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

I am hopeful! but still trying to be realistic, I know that what I want is an everything chicken.... just hoping these come closer without compromising too much.
to clarify I want a decant size boy at 14-16 weeks ready to butcher and go in the freezer but still a decent number of eggs and the ability to breed true... I have been playing with some Red Broiler hens that I held back last year and crossing them to my Big Delaware Cross rooster. I am still hopeful about this line but they will not breed true for several generations... as many "projects" as I am playing with I may not get them where I want them anytime soon....

I am hopeful! but still trying to be realistic, I know that what I want is an everything chicken.... just hoping these come closer without compromising too much.
to clarify I want a decant size boy at 14-16 weeks ready to butcher and go in the freezer but still a decent number of eggs and the ability to breed true... I have been playing with some Red Broiler hens that I held back last year and crossing them to my Big Delaware Cross rooster. I am still hopeful about this line but they will not breed true for several generations... as many "projects" as I am playing with I may not get them where I want them anytime soon....
Sounds like me with my quail... I won’t have what I want until a few years from now.

20200813_080316.jpg
Hatched Monday the 10th arrived this morning and Now the silly things are busy eating! Whew! Only one died in transit and one more is weak but not bad considering

Back
Top Bottom