"Chupacabra" ? captured ALIVE (video footage)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dewey, Aug 16, 2011.

1. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Whatever it is, I loooooveeee it!!! OMG! Its like a Kangaroo-coyote with mange!!!!!!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    To me it looks like a mangy coyote or fox.

4. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:But what about the tail? Really long and thin, don't you think? and whats up with the back legs?

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The tail on a mangey fox always seems excessive in length. I've never seen a mangey coyote, but that is what a mangey fox looks like right down to the blue/gray color. The humane thing would have been to euthanise the poor creature.

6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Why would they let it go? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep it and study it then rehabilitate the poor thing. It looked malnourished and funky. [​IMG]

7. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Animals look very abnormal without their fluff, and many have much thinner tails than we like to think.
    I'm with the other sourland, it's coyote or fox with mange. If you Google images of foxes or coyotes with mange you get animals that look very much like the one in the video.
    Stupid of them to let it go. [​IMG] It's easy to identify a 'mystery animal' if you actually have the animal on hand. But I guess it was all for getting a spot on TV rather than anything worthwhile.

8. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I believe many would let it go because what it was was likely obvious to them (I think a fox)...many wouldn't want the time and cost to pay to have it removed.

All the "chupacabra" that are turned in as such sure do not match the descriptions of the scary "real" chupacabra. Whatever you do, if pics of scary "creatures" bothers anybody, don't image google chupacabra! [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I know! Why did they let it go!! Dummies! [​IMG]

10. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Quote:x2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by