Church Bloopers

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by BettyR, Jun 22, 2011.

1. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
    --------------------------
    The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
    Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
    Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
    Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
    Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
    For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
    Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
    A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
    At the evening servicetonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
    Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
    Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
    Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered..
    The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
    This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
    Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM . All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. Is done.
    The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
    Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
    Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
    The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: 'I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours.

2. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    All very funny![​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Hilarious:)

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    [​IMG] Oh my. Those are funny!

6. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    Me reading this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My favourite would have to be: "All proceeds will be used to cripple children."

7. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Haha! [​IMG]

8. SanctusPullus

SanctusPullus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    "LIKE" [​IMG]

"... Proceeds will be used to cripple children." - Too much lol!

9. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] this cheered me right up [​IMG]

10. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's been a long time since I laughed so good. May I copy and repost some of this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by