Cinco De Mayo Chicks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lov'emSouthernEggs, May 4, 2009.

1. Lov'emSouthernEggs

Lov'emSouthernEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    East Carolina
    We have 5 in the warmer...due tomorrow! My daughter is so excited! I think my husband is too. I'm nervous! This is our first group. Two of the eggs have been rocking. Good signs! I just hope they hatch when my daughter is home from school. This is kind of her project.

Everything is ready. Brooder ready and waiting![​IMG]

Anyone else?

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Exciting!!
    Good Luck!

3. our4sons

our4sons Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Whoo Hoo ! Ours were due to hatch tomorrow also but a few jumped the gun and started yesterday [​IMG] Good Luck on your hatch!

4. Lov'emSouthernEggs

May 2, 2009
    East Carolina
    Ok...eggs must be like the old saying "A watched pot never boils." Oh my...I keep looking and checking and every sound I hear I think it could be...but it's not. I thought waiting for my own kids to come out was going to drive me crazy.

Anyone feeling my pain?[​IMG]

New Chick Mommy...

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I posted in the May 4th thread too! I am not sure when my babies are due! I know it has to be either the 4th or 5, possibly the 6th! But if they hatched on Cinco De Mayo, that would be so fun! They could all have Spanish names!!!

When I found out that she was sitting, I candled that night and the babies looked at about 3-4 days, that would but their hatch date at May 5th!!!

I will check ion to see how your hatch is going! That would be so fun for your daughter to be home when they hatch!!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bec

I am hoping!!! [​IMG] I mean, at this point a pip would make my day!

8. Lov'emSouthernEggs

May 2, 2009
    East Carolina
    Still no sign of anything. My daughter got home from school, walked right past me, went inside and came back out crying. She is beside herself with excitment. I don't know what she'll do if she gets home tomorrow to nothing. I hope it will happen tonight...

UUUUUGGGG! Waiting.

Still Waiting.[​IMG]

Still yawn. Goodnight all![​IMG]

9. Bec

I am still waiting too [​IMG] I was hoping for early pipping.....

And the wait continues on...

10. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Woke up this morning to 5 pips. Its only day 19 so I didn't expect any this early Well see......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by