Cindy's Dream Farm

Cindyrella 747

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2021
Hello,

My name is Cindy, actually it's Cynthia but I was raised being called Cindy. My lifelong dream was to have chickens of my own. I grew up admiring my neighbor's chickens. Even after her rooster jumped the fence and chased me, I longed to have my own. It was number one on my bucket list at this point in my life since my dream of owning horses had already been realized years ago. I never dreamed that chickens could be so affectionate and smart. They are truly amazing. They have gotten me through the hardest, most heartbreaking time of my life when my son suddenly died. Just this week I was blessed with 2 grandchicks. I'm over the moon in love with them. The two hens weren't supposed to go broody. First, one of my Black Stars did, and she lost her unhatched chicks during the historic freeze here in Texas. She refused to come out of the broody stage, and I tried everything. So, I put a of couple eggs from other hens under her and one recently hatched. She is so in love with that baby and she's a great mother. I actually saved her when she was a baby. I bought her and three other Black Stars from Tractor Supply. Minnie suddenly stopped eating and was becoming weaker by the hour. I held her and loved on her, then had the idea to try to feed her cucumber since it would also give her fluids that she needed, and I prayed. She surprised me by devouring the cucumber out of my fingernail, then water. Within a day she was back to eating and drinking on her own. My other new mama chick is named Beauty. She's a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. She will come running to me no matter where she is and beg to be picked up and cuddled. Her baby was born yesterday and she's also a good mother. I could write a book on my babies, as I am sure most of you could. My beloved Starr, one of my Speckled Sussex who would follow me everywhere and even as a baby, she'd fly to the top of the tub to get closer to me, was killed even before she was 4 months old by a dog. I held her and cried in agony all day long. She was the Star of my heart and truly helped me when I lost my son. Losing her brought all of the pain flooding out of me and I know the heavens cried too. I am glad to see how others on this site cherish these gifts from heaven. May all of your babies be safe, well, and protected, and bring you as much joy as mine have brought to me. The pictures are of my Starr. I have a memorial to her on my property to honor her memory and all that she brought to my life.

Attachments

• 20200525_200640.jpg
    20200525_200640.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200628_140936.jpg
    20200628_140936.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom