Cinnamon Queens or Red Star Hens?

grlfrmfl

Hatching
Sep 6, 2016
South Central Oklahoma
I bought some Hens from a very nice lady but I wonder if she got the name of the breed wrong? She called them Cinnamon Queens but after doing a little research I don't think they are. My Hens are a deep red with black tail feathers and black little touches on the wings, while a Cinnamon queen tends to have white. I know they are a sexnlink so I wonder if they are a Red Star Hen instead? Thank you in advance!

Red stars have white detailing instead of black though.

They look more like Production Reds, same basic pattern but with black instead of white details.

Were those supposed to be young not yet/just started laying (pullets- females less than a year old) or older hens?

They were about 4/12 to 5 months old when I got them and have just now started lying after 2 months or so of being at the farm. When I google Cinnamon Queens they show them as having the white also, are they the same as the red star? Mine have zero white feathers so maybe they are production reds!

Cinnamon Queen and Red Star are 'brand' names for red sexlinks. Each hatchery has their own lines for breeding, and thus, have different names. They are essentially the same thing though, a red bird with varying amounts of white that can be sexed reliably by coloring and are prolific layers.
Your birds are Production Reds. Outstanding layers, but can't be sexed by color.

Back
Top Bottom