Cinnamon queens with peanut combs? Are these cinnamon queens?

Quarterhorses1

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Jan 18, 2022
I just got three baby cinnamon queens from tractor supply. I noticed that one has a normal comb and one has a pea comb. Are these cinnamon queens ?
9AE9261C-BE0F-425C-A57A-8971A7FBB969.jpeg

5859094C-4A7A-4494-AE65-8AB8B94FA166.jpeg

Attachments

• 2AC7E2EC-01B5-4A76-A227-BDB44C1130B8.jpeg
    2AC7E2EC-01B5-4A76-A227-BDB44C1130B8.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 2
Cinnamon Queens are just crosses, so most have Rose Combs while some may have single combs.
The first chick has a single comb, and the second has a Rose comb, not a pea comb.

Cinnamon Queens are just crosses, so most have Rose Combs while some may have single combs.
The first chick has a single comb, and the second has a Rose comb, not a pea comb.
Oh ok thanks!! I’ve never had a chicken with a rose comb!!

Do they look like girls?
Were they labeled as pullets at TSC?

They are too young to sex from the photos above, however, @MysteryChicken is great at wing sexing day old chicks, so maybe she can give it a shot. Take some photos of one of the wings, spread out, from each bird, and post them here.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait at least 5-6 weeks to know sexes for sure.

They are too young to sex from the photos above, however, @MysteryChicken is great at wing sexing day old chicks, so maybe she can give it a shot. Take some photos of one of the wings, spread out, from each bird, and post them here.

Yes they’re marked as pullets. I just read just now that males of this breed are white

These are a type of red Sex-link, I believe, so these would be females.

Back
Top Bottom