Cinnamon Recipie pics on pg.3

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Birdgirl, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Ive made them 3 times all different recipies and everytime they come out too hard. They taste fine, but I want a soft roll. Maybe you know what im doing wrong?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Look up the thread on here about homemade Gump bread. As long as you don't overbake them the rolls made from this dough recipe come out nice and soft and ooey-gooey.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My sticky buns come out nice and soft. Are you sure you're not over-baking the ones you've tried?

4. Birdgirl

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    no I even take them out a bit early then what it calls for. I dont use a bread machine... could I be over/under kneading?

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Pudding Yeast Dough

1 pkg.vanilla pudding mix 1/2 C warm water
    2 C milk 2 eggs
    1/2 C salad oil 6 to 7 C sifted flour
    2 tsp salt
    2 pkg.yeast (dry)

Prepare pudding according to package directions using 2 C milk. Cool and stir in salad oil and mix well. Dissolve yeast in warm water; add to pudding. Beat in eggs, add flour which has been sifted with salt until mixture holds shape and is not sticky. Turn on floured surface, knead. Place in greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk. Make into sweet rolls or cinnamon rolls. Let rise 30 minutes. Bake 10 to 15 minutes @ 370 degrees. Ice if desired.

6. Birdgirl

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    thanks, will try these... Our closest mall had a "Cinna-monster" if you've ever had these, that is truly what I'm looking for. They closed and I MISS them so very much! LOL [​IMG]

7. Birdgirl

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  8. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    ^ do a search for "lighter than air"

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Are you letting then raise long enough? Not letting them raise (both risings) enough can also make them not as light and soft.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by