Cinnamon's eggs-PICS!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 77horses, Nov 9, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Hi!
    Our young hen, Cinnamon, started laying at a little earlier than 4 months. Her eggs seem like a small/medium size right now, and boy are they yummy! [​IMG] I know that they are fertile, and here's a picture that I took today to prove it:
    [​IMG]

and here's what I made with Cinnamon's two eggs(Yummy scrambled eggs!)
    [​IMG]

I know that they are fertile, but what I'm wondering is...are they good for hatching? The shell of the eggs she lays are not bumpy, and they are shaped good, but I'm worried about the size. She is now a young hen, not really a pullet. Do you think that by this Spring, they will be good to try in my styro-bator? [​IMG] I think so! She's my favorite hen and I would love to hatch out some babies from her! [​IMG] The rooster she stays with is a HUGE RIR rooster, Marty. [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

Edited tp add pictures!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    oops forgot to add the pic..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    OK, waiting for the picture now...

4. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:I'm still waiting for the pics..... [​IMG]

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK I added pictures. Sorry the picture of the egg is blurry.

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OK I have to go for the night. bye everyone and I will check this thread tomorrow! [​IMG]

7. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:Yum.. Blurry or not, it may have made my dinner decision for me. Scrambled eggs and toast-- supper of champions!

8. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Oooo - great dinner idea! Eggs, sausage, biscuits, Mmmmm YUMMY!!

Congrats on your first eggs!! Looking forward to seeing some chicks sometime soon. That will be exciting.

9. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Quote:Yum.. Blurry or not, it may have made my dinner decision for me. Scrambled eggs and toast-- supper of champions!

Supper for those of us with a lot of eggs. DH said, "go wild, make a quiche...get crazy, try an omlet."
    We've been talking a lot about what birds we will try to hatch from next spring too. We have narrowed it down to never ever under any circumstances messing with more ee's but right now everything else is fair game. I'm a little concerned that by cross breeding I will likely end up with the worst charictoristics from both mom and dad rather than the best. Does anyone have suggestions about what are safe mixes and what are not?

10. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    thanks for all the replies. [​IMG]
    I think that if I try hatching out some of her eggs(which I am 99% gonna do, unless there are any changes over the winter, like if something happens to her.... lets hope she's still here by next spring! :eek:) but I am looking forward to hatching out great chicks. She is a wonderful hen, and the chicks would have great characteristics. Cinnamon is the easiest hen to hold, she's calm, she's friendly and gentle, and she's sooo cute!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And Marty, the rooster, is a handsome boy! He's very tough, too. He has great manners with the ladies, and even though he sometimes gets a little aggressive and sometimes bites, he still loves it when we hand feed him and when we pick him up and carry him around. He's such a good boy. [​IMG] So I think Cinnamon and Marty make a great pair, and their chicks will be awesome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by