City chick raising city chicks

txbabymama

Hatching
Jul 18, 2016
Hey ya'll! I'm brand new here, although I've been stalking for many months! I decided to raise chickens for eggs recently, and bought 4 pullets that are now 16 & 17 weeks old, respectively. After losing one of my girls, I added one of an unknown age and breed. Most recently, I picked up another unknown age/breed but I suspected she was a bantam cochin. I really need help figuring out if my little one is a hen or a roo! Bonus would be to figure out what my other girl is.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry you lost one already.
hugs.gif
It's never easy to lose them.

Aww...what a cute flock! You will want to post pictures in our What Breed and Gender section of our forums for help with ID's and such... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your lovely flock and welcome to ours! :)

:welcome - great that you have joined us. I'm sure the breed experts will help you out.

Ct

Hello I'm new to BYC I love poultry I
Have 2 white Indian runner duck hens
4 Muscovy ducks I have no idea the sex they are 82 days old and 5 pekin ducklings 4 Cornish cross chicks (putting them up for auction in skagit county fair) and 10 Plymouth Rock chickens 1 black jersey giant rooster (likes to swim in the ducks pool) and one black jersey giant hen

Hello I'm new to BYC I love poultry I
Have 2 white Indian runner duck hens
4 Muscovy ducks I have no idea the sex they are 82 days old and 5 pekin ducklings 4 Cornish cross chicks (putting them up for auction in skagit county fair) and 10 Plymouth Rock chickens 1 black jersey giant rooster (likes to swim in the ducks pool) and one black jersey giant hen

Hello! I had no clue how to tell the gender of my ducks either but I've figured out the ducks that have the loud calls are the females and the ones with the quieter, more horse sounding calls are the boys!

Hope I helped! Congratulations!

With most ducks you will see a drake feather
(A feather that curls up like a J shape) and if it has the drake feather it's a boy but Muscovys don't have a drake feather

Back
Top Bottom