City Chicken House Nearly Done

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fxchick, Jun 13, 2007.

1. fxchick

fxchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I posted before to show the construction, it seems like it has taken us forever but we are finally seeing what looks like a real house -- all we have left is a second coat of paint, building the nest boxes, adding on the roof and attaching the run.

At least it's starting to look like a real little house

Here's a pic of the place today

[​IMG]

we have an extra door in the front -- we were going to just attach a run to the front of the house but when t came down to it we didn't want to cover the front of the house, so we built a ladder that goes down the back side and along the far legs -- were making a screen door for the (now useless) front door for summer

Oh yeah -- putting in the outlet and the webcam today!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Good Lord, that is a fancy coop!! If I were a foot tall I'd live there quite happily (so I'm sure your girls will love it)!
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see the webcam! [​IMG]

3. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    WOW those lucky chickens!! mine dont have a chicken house....they just use our house when they wanna visit!! cant wait to see the inside!!

4. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Awww... that's just adorable. What a gorgeous coop. Very nice work.

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How cute is that! I wish that was in my yard! It even goes with my blue house. [​IMG]

My coop needs more decorative trim!

6. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Beautiful![​IMG]

7. doodledo

doodledo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Really nice. I have noticed people put up signs and name their house. You ahev to name yours, since it looks so nice.

8. fxchick

fxchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    thanks for the kind words -- I was feeling a little down today and that really gave me a lift. i just came in from giving the coop a second coat of paint and some extra primer for places we didn't hit -- inside it's just a plain plywood box and one roosting pole this far.
    I have a 1/2" x 1/2" welded wire floor but I got concerned after I read a few posts aout chickens losing toes in wire floors, so now I am planning a vinyl floor insert that gets weighted in places with window sash locks
    This overhead shows the roosting pole -- but it'sa bit confusing with all the roof structure -- I'll get a better pic after the doors dry and the roof's on

[​IMG]

I think a name is the right idea, just haven't come up with one I feel great about -- any ideas out there?

9. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    The Penthouse

10. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    WOW!!!

lucky chicks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by