City Chickens in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kearns911, Nov 20, 2008.

1. kearns911

kearns911 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2008
    Liverpool UK
    Hello everyone,

First of all I think I should tell you a little bit about me "Shaun" I am from Liverpool UK, I work in sales and I am married to a wonderful girl called Lynne, we have two children Michael & Hollie 'who talked me into getting some chickens [​IMG]' we have two dogs 'Brad & Buddy' and some fish in a small garden pond.

So here we go this is our first go at keeping chickens 'our friends and family think we are totally mad, as it is not the norm to keep chickens in a city like Liverpool .

We purchased a coop with a built in run from ebay 'got a bargain and it does not look to bad in our back garden' then we went and don it 'we purchased two chickens' and called them Winne & Violet (after the kids great grandmothers).

Well we have had our girls for a few weeks now and guess what 'we have our first egg [​IMG]:' so I guess we must be doing something right, I felt so delighted when my daughter discovered the first egg 'like we had made it [​IMG]' her face was a picture [​IMG].

I think we have been well and truly bitten by the chicken bug.
    [​IMG]

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG]

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome [​IMG] I believe anyone that gets chickens gets bit by that bug to [​IMG] At least I did.

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    This is the right place for you! [​IMG]

Are your girls friendly? I was so surprised that chickens can make such satisfying pets. I love just watching them scratch around and make their chicken noises. Of course, the eggs are nice, too!

6. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Hi Shaun. Welcome from another Brit!

Can we see some pics of your chickies please??

7. kearns911

Nov 10, 2008
    Liverpool UK
    Yes there both so friendly, they come running over every time were outside and eat out of are hands, they are letting us pick them up now, we were obviously a bit nervous at first 'just like the girls' but we are all getting to know one an other [​IMG].

8. kearns911

Nov 10, 2008
    Liverpool UK
    Quote:I will try my best to get some pictures on tomorrow!!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I love the British! [​IMG]

10. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Hi Shaun,

we are originaly from Liverpool, (Dovecot and Old Swan) but we live in Northern Ireland now.

Being a city boy my husband thought I had lost my mind when i said we should get two chickens for the garden... we now have 8 and it's him who drives everyone else nuts raving on about the joys of chicken ownership... half our neighbours now have chickens thanks to him!
    welcome to BYC, be warned it's adictive! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by