1. Tongiechick

Tongiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Tonganoxie Kansas
    i know most people who raise chickens live out in the country but seeing that this website is named Backyard Chickens i would expect there are some people who riase them in town.

I lve in a small town about 35 miles from Topeka kansas. We are only allowed to have 15 chickens. i really love raising them and keeping them as pets. we are also training them to be fair projects. i wish we could mmove tho the country but we can't. We are allowed to have 50 chickes under the age of 4 months.

Does anyone else yern for more chicken action but have to stick to the ordenence?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Tongiechick

2. olefarmersdaughter

olefarmersdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I think most of us.........or we try to 'fly under the radar' of the chicken patrol.........

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  3. Tongiechick

Tongiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Tonganoxie Kansas
    we have a rooster even thought we are not suposed to. We are friends with the sherif and we have found that givng your neighbors fresh eggs helps to keep them quiet

4. Well that's good!

5. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    I think you're pretty darn lucky to be allowed 15 chicks.Most places only allow 3 in the city and up to 6 in the towns.
    Count your blessings!

15 is still a lot of work if you like your chickens to live in a clean coop and take measures to keep them safe and healthy and well fed.

6. UnlabeledMama

UnlabeledMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    I am right in town and our town regulations say we can have up to 49 chickens. Yeah, really. Sometimes living in the mountains is nice. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by